Saturday 10 April 2010

mmm...

Back at work, busy, busy, busy....no time, etc....I won't bore you with it all, because I'm sure a lot of you know how it is....instead I'll share my super easy Spag Bol sauce.

It's seriously just a chuck in the pot jobby, set and sort of forget....I even throw the mince in still frozen.

So take...
about 500g mince
2 tins diced tomatoes
4 tablespoons tomato paste
enough red wine to fill and rinse out the tins....then add more wine just for good measure.
a zuchini, onion and garlic, finely chopped
a good handful of dried red lentils
teaspoon or two of powdered beef stock
big slosh of balsamic vinegar
dried thyme, rosemary and oregano (to taste) and a couple of bay leaves
chopped mushrooms, which get chucked in toward the end.

bring everything to the boil and then let simmer for a while, till it reduces down and thickens and smells yummy....I just stir it occasionally, breaking up the frozen mince.

And don't freak out about the lentils, they turn to mush so no one knows they're in there and help thicken the sauce.

Seriously, this amount makes about 4-5 meals worth....so I just bag it up and freeze it

No comments: